Northwest Suburban Splash Pad
Built in 2016, this is a fun, clean splash pad with new bathroom facilities and a snack bar. We have been several times, as it is in close proximity to our house. My kids LOVE this place. Upon arriving, you can see a large pirate ship with a double slide going down. They can shoot cannons and unsuspecting siblings/friends/parents below. My children have been coming to this particular splash pad since they were very young. There are places that sitters can hang out and splash in the water, yet, there are larger more complicated structures to engage the older bunch. We were able to get to the splash pad early enough to snag a shaded spot (there aren’t many)! We ended up laying out our beach towels in the grass and having our picnic right next to the splash pad, which was great because they just ran back in the water to wash all of their stickiness off. Totally counts as a shower, right?!
Splash Pad Features
- Many interactive water features
- Double slide coming down from a pirate ship (If you have a Jake lover, they will love it!)
- Concession stand is available
- Bathrooms (clean!) available
- Next to Prospect Park Playground
Location: 733 N. Prospect Avenue, Park Ridge, Illinois
- Daily: 10AM-6PM
- Check the Park Ridge Park District Website for Holiday Hours
- Daily: Noon-6PM
The splash pad will be closed if temperature is at or below 68 degrees, electrical or thunderstorms or heavy rain is present. They also close if there are no guests for two hours at the splash pad.
Adults & Children: $4 Resident of Park Ridge/ $6 Non-Residents
*Children 11 months and younger are free
Tried and True Tips
- Arrive early. There aren’t many shaded areas-get there early to reserve one!
- Pack a picnic lunch. You will probably want to spend a few hours here. There is a park next to the splash pad that we always play at for a little while, too.
- Bathrooms are located nearby.
- Great for kids ages 1-12