Our Newest Favorite Spot
Bison’s Bluff, while only opening in early 2017, has quickly become one of our favorite parks. Nestled away minutes from Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, it is our newest nature playground. If you’re wondering what a nature playground is, it’s a playground designed with natural materials mimicking natural environments such as streams, cliffs, caves and
When we arrived, the parking lot was filling up and I could see that the buzz was out about this place! We followed a winding paved trail and rounded the corner to see the entrance. My kids were beyond excited.
Upon entering, we saw a “rules” sign that I just loved because after all, isn’t the most important thing to do at a park is to HAVE FUN?
The first stop we made within the park was at the music area. This occupied my kids for about 3 minutes before they were climbing on some of the wooden structures. They darted from one area to the next and this was when I realized I made the mistake of bringing my stroller, as there was no way my kids were going to stay in so I was just running back to move it constantly. Awesome.
Next, we headed to the sand area where they promptly dug in and got dirty but it was no big deal because we went over to the stream and spent the most of our morning splashing in the refreshing water. This was, by far, our favorite part of the park.
Inside, there is a plethora of activities for kids to explore:
- Large climbing structure with bridges and ropes
- A large waterfall with a flowing stream for children to play in
- Naturally made musical instruments
- Sand area with running water-messy but worth it!
- A giant bison with cliffs and caves to explore
Location: 1111 E. Schaumburg Road, Schaumburg, IL 60194
- April-October 9AM-8PM
- November-March 9AM-4PM
No pets allowed
Tried and True Tips
- Arrive early. This place gets packed, especially on hot days.
- Pack a change of clothes or two. Your kids will get wet and sandy!
- Pack a picnic lunch. You will probably want to spend a few hours here.
- Grab a shaded table early!
- Bathrooms are located nearby.
- Great for kids ages 2-12